The TSA office will be closed for the 2019 Christmas period on Wednesday 25 December 2019, Thursday 26 December 2019 and Wednesday 1 January 2020. Enquiries received on these days will be answered as soon as possible once the office reopens.
Normal working hours recommence for the TSA office on Monday 6 January 2020.
If you need any support during the Christmas period, the following list of services could be useful:
Urgent medical attention and advice
- In an emergency: please dial 999
- Urgent medical attention: go to your nearest Accident and Emergency Department or ring your GP for an emergency GP appointment
- Urgent medical advice: call NHS 24 by dialling 111 (not available in Northern Ireland, though please find your nearest out of hours service here)
Adult and Children’s Social Care
If you need help from adult or children’s social care services, please contact your local authority, who will have an emergency team on duty. You can find out who your local authority is by using this website.
Coping over Christmas
- The National Autistic Society has some great top tips to help you enjoy the festive season, with guides for making the holiday an enjoyable time for everyone
- Sibs, the charity to support brothers and sisters of disabled children and adults, has a handy overview on handling the festivities
Mental health support
- UK-wide: Samaritans – 116 123, phoneline open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- England and Wales: Mind – 0300 123 3393, phoneline open Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm (closed 25 December, 26 December and 1 January)
- Scotland: SAMH (Scottish Association for Mental Health) – 0141 530 1000, phoneline open 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- Northern Ireland: Lifeline – 0808 808 8000, phoneline open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Parenting issues and support
- England and Wales: Family Lives – 0808 800 2222 (phoneline open Monday to Friday 9am – 9pm, closed from 4pm 24 December, 25 December and 26 December)
- Scotland: Parentline Scotland – 0800 028 2233 (phoneline open Monday to Friday 9am – 9pm and 9am – 12pm Saturday – Sunday)
- Northern Ireland: Parenting NI – 0808 801 0722 (phoneline open Monday to Thursday 9.30am – 3.30pm, Friday 9.30am – 12.30pm)
£10 Means that we can send a support pack to a family who has just received a life-changing TSC diagnosis, ensuring that they do not go through this time alone.
£25 Can help us develop materials that are included in our support services, flagship events or campaigns.
£50 Can provide laboratory equipment for a day’s research into the causes, symptoms, management or treatment of TSC.
To provide help for today and a cure for tomorrow.