Leave a legacy
How to leave a legacy when you are no longer around for the Tuberous Sclerosis Association
The impact of legacy donations via a person’s Will to the Tuberous Sclerosis Association (TSA) cannot be underestimated, funding almost half of the work that we do to support people living with Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC).
Leaving the TSA a gift in your will is a wonderful and powerful gesture, allowing you to continue to help the TSC community even after you are no longer here.
Large or small, legacy donations are very special.
Our legacy promise
We understand the significance of legacy giving and make these promises:
- We will never pressure someone considering a legacy donation. We understand this is a big decision and want you to decide in your own time
- We will respect your privacy. You don’t have tell us why you would like to provide us with a legacy, nor will we even ask the size or type of legacy if it has been left in your Will
- We absolutely understand that your loved ones come first in your Will
- We promise to use your gift wisely, cost-effectively and in accordance with your wishes. Every penny you give will work its hardest
- We understand that circumstances change and there might come a time where you change your mind
- We’ll do our best to keep you updated about the work of the TSA, in whichever way you’d prefer
Ways to leave a legacy in your Will
There are a number of ways that a legacy can be left to the TSA in a Will:
- Giving a share of your estate. This is called ‘Residuary Legacy’. After deciding what you are leaving to loved ones, you can donate some or all of what is left. This type of gift is inflation proof and will save you having to update your Will in the future
- A specific sum of money. This is called ‘Pecuniary Legacy’. If you want to leave a specified sum to the TSA, simply list the amount in your Will
- A specific item. You might choose to leave a specific item, such as jewellery, something collectable or any other item that could be of value
£10 Means that we can send a support pack to a family who has just received a life-changing TSC diagnosis, ensuring that they do not go through this time alone.
£25 Can help us develop materials that are included in our support services, flagship events or campaigns.
£50 Can provide laboratory equipment for a day’s research into the causes, symptoms, management or treatment of TSC.
To provide help for today and a cure for tomorrow.